Ricoh’s new industrial inkjet print heads serve 3 industrial customer trends
Labels, packaging, and wide format graphics printers increasingly need to give customers smaller lot sizes, shorter delivery times, and finer image quality, which is why Ricoh has produced the MH5220 industrial inkjet print heads.
These digital print heads are capable of 1 200dpi resolution with multiple heads in a staggered configuration that also deliver all the benefits of digitalisation to customers.
“We’ve got over 30 years of experience in inkjet technology and we partner with diverse industrial and specialty markets from wide graphics to additive manufacturing and textile to digital enhancements,” says Jacques van Wyk, COO of Ricoh SA. “That experience is reflected in the stainless steel build quality of the new print heads, the mechanical piston and metallic diaphragm method, and the built-in heater for jetting high-viscosity inks up to 60 degrees Celsius.”
- With 1 280 nozzles configured in 4 x 320 nozzles, the head achieves high-resolution without granular appearance of dots and is also capable of printing 1 200 dpi resolution with multiple print heads in a staggered configuration;
- Multi-drop capability (drops are ejected in rapid succession, then merge in flight before reaching the media surface) allows the creation of a range of drop sizes from 2.5 ～9pl;
- Robust stainless steel construction, resulting in excellent durability and extended service life;
- Built-in heater, capable of jetting of high-viscosity inks; and
- Compatible with UV durable Ink for label printing.
|Method||Piston pusher with metallic diaphragm plate|
|Print width||54.1mm (2.1")|
|Number of nozzles||1,280 (4 x 320 channels), staggered|
|Nozzle spacing||1/150" (0.1693mm) ／|
|Nozzle spacing (Row to row distance)||A : 0.93mm B : 9.31mm|
Total print head dimensions
89mm(W), 64.2mm(D), 24.7mm(H)
|Max. number of colour inks||2 colours|
|Operating temperature range||Up to 60℃|
|Temperature control||Integrated heater and thermistor|
|Life||100 billion actuations per nozzle|
|Drop volume||2.5pl (single drop）、2.5～ 9pl (multi drop）|
|Gray scale||4 levels|
|Alignment pin direction||Front (standard)|
|Separately sold parts||MH5220 dedicated cable|